Today is...

Thursday, April 26, 2007

My TARZAN and JANE adventure...

CAUTIONS:
THIS POST CONTAINED ISSUES/ PHOTOS THAT MIGHT CAUSED EXCESSIVE DISTURBANCE TOWARDS ENVIRONMENTALIST AND GREENPEACE-ist. PEDOPHILES PLEASE EXIT.


VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

Last week after the constant threats from my parents to force me not to attend college on Saturday (yeap you read right!) I finally gave in and missed both Mr Adrianta's History Of Western Architecture and Building Technology (Sorry Mr Ann). The occasions?> To visit my dad in Kuala Krai, Kelantan. For your informations, my dad is involved in the timber logging industry. He received a logging project in Kelantan in 2004. The actual timber logging was very much on hiatus due to paperwork, unpredictable whether changes and other delays. But finally after a long wait, early this month my dad received the green light to start the logging activities... He left for Kelantan and we never seen for almost 3 weeks. So my dad finally decided to ask us all to drive down to Kelantan and see with our own eyes how the actual logging process is being carried out. All my sisters couldn't made it for this trip. Dolly is busy managing her cafe in KGNS, Donna is in Bintulu, and Dazie went for a camping trip organized by her school. So early Saturday morning, my grandmother, my mom, Uncle Frankie, Auntie Celine, Erika and me left home at 7am. Our first pit stop was (gasp.... it's nothing adventurous lol) Banana Leaf in Centrepoint for a hearty breakfast. I couldn't bring myself to those heavy nasi lemak so bought some pastries from Panadero. After breakfast, we are back on the real mission to go to Kuala Krai. I don't really know the route name, but we did passed by One Utama, the toll near Shahril's house, Batu Caves, Pahang(Genting Highlands, Bentong, Raub etc). And twas a really winding road. Not that Uncle Frankie bad driving helps. *rolled eyes...* Gosh it seriously amazed me that he could drive at 120kmph at those corners and when it's too hard to control the steering?

breaks...

lyk real...
B RrrrrrrEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkk.....

here's a pic of my"dead-bored" face


Thank God I opted to seat in the center seat in the Naza Ria. Poor Auntie Celine and Erika that seats at the back... Auntie Celine and Erika slept almost throughout the entire trip.
Here's Auntie Celine sleeping- she must be really tired... her mouth was opened REAL big... larikkkk



not enough? want more?

here's a vid of her...




Matilah makkkk...

Oh well, we finally arrived at Gua Musang at noon(I think that's the place name... which I am pretty sure I got it wrong lol) and decided to makan... the first stop was at this stalls and to our horror!!!! flies were literally eating the dishes... So we decided to find others more hygienic place and we found this restaurant called Maxi or sumthing la... *too hungry cannot think already* It's a halal chinese restaurant and our waitress is a young Indian lady that speaks Mandarin... And the food is nice and most importantly... IT'S CLEAN. Though I was really turned off at first when I first walked into this restaurant coz it smells like Dettol. ahaha... Oh well, better Dettol than stomach ache kan...

Here's some pics...


Mom, Erika, Celine, Frankie


Erika


Family Portrait.

We paid for the food and meet up with my dad in Bateau* (I sooo got the place's name wrong!) First sight of my dad's Prado and we are whisk to the logging area.

Arrived at the logging area at 1.30pm... Twas a hot day and I was sweating like shit. Well, let me let the pics do the talking.

















here's a video



Initially we planned to go into the jungle and see the logging process, but it's getting dark and sign of rain in the evening, so we left for Kuala Krai and check in to a villa. Don't know the name but the place is really nice... it's so bizarre to have such place so close to the Kuala Krai town...
Wanna cam whore but phone battery habis... And didn't bring my charger. So practically phone-less for a day! Twas bad... Like losing a best friend or something... I so missed my music!

We had dinner at my dad's house. I wouldn't say it's the place I wanna stay at. It's basically like those terrace house in SS2- except shabbier... so....
We left at 12 am and get back to the villa and sleep.

DAY 2

Woke up at 7.30 and check out from the villa. We gathered at my dad's place and prepare some food for lunch. Then we drove back from Kuala Krai to Bateau... Batiu... or whatever la... In the same car with dad and mom. The rest follow Un. Frankie in the Naza... thank god... So we stop by at this Pejabat Perhilitan(hutan stuff ). Meet up with dad's friend and had breakfast at "Flies Stall" (oh no...!). They gotta discuss about building a bridge or sumthing.
Didn't dare to order anything. lol
So after dad habis discussion, I asked him to stop by at petrol station and I get a Squggles and Milo tin.
We arrived at That-Freaking-"B" watever-place-name (don't make me say it again) and we finally masuk hutan... And WHOA!
The ride is really scary... The road is bad and trucks loaded with logs coming in and out narrowly missing the jeep we r in. Trust me this trip made roller coaster looks like children's mary-go-round ride... Some slopes are practically 90 deg. Every time we passed dad's logging areas (some belong to others) we hand the workers drinks. And those of you who are curious... Nah, they look nothing like those movies hunkies loggers... lmao... but they are hardworking people making a decent living... So

YOU GO BOYS!

We did get out from the jeep on few occasions and cam- whore... here's some...







Then we had a picnic by a stream for our lunch... Best giler... Being soo close to nature... And so together-gether with family. Ahh... At times I do wished my tres Hermanas is here... aww...




Cam-whorer #1


Mom holding my plate, sexy dad lmao


falling angel...


Grams...

Then my dad decided to gather some rocks and form a bath-tub like area for Erika to have some fun... I wanted to tag along... but realising that I am after all... 19... I decided not to...
here's some of her fun moments... as captured by her dad...





We packed our stuff and get back to the logging area. It was quite late and we better get going... So we said bye to my dad and continue our journey back to KL...

I must admit that I've really learned so many things from this trip. But the most valuable thing of all that I've learned is that my dad really has worked his @@@ off to support the family. It's a dangerous job and he risked his life everyday to provide all the luxuries for us.

I've come to appreciate my dad's hard work more and my love towards him has indeed... deepen.


Love ya dad!

No comments:

Leave a Message


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix